ABC GMA Free Summer Concerts 2015
The 2015 Summer Concert Series returns for the seventh year to Rumsey Playfield in Central Park, where some of the biggest names in music will perform LIVE every Friday. All ABC Good Morning America Summer Concerts are FREE to the public and will take place live during “Good Morning America,” Fridays from 7:00 – 9:00 a.m. ET.
Nicki Minaj, Ed Sheeran and Luke Bryan are among the artists who will be performing as part of the ABC GMA Free Summer Concerts 2015.
Good Morning America Summer Concerts in NYC, New York City, USA
The ABC GMA Free Summer Concerts run from May 22nd to September 4, 2015.
– All performances will take place from about 8:40 – 9:00 AM, and there are typically 3-4 songs performed during this time.
– Some artists may come out early and play a couple more songs for the crowd, but in general, you can expect the total performance to last about 15 to 20 mins including commercial breaks.
– Arrive early by around 5 AM if you want to get a spot close to the stage.
– Even if you arrive early, you will have to wait outside the park since it will open to the public only at 6 AM.
– Wear comfortable shoes since you will be standing for about 3 hrs.
– We suggest that unless you are a huge fan of the performing artist, it might not be worth your time to attend one of these concerts.
More information about the ABC GMA Free Summer Concerts 2015 can be found at gmaconcerts.com.
ABC GMA Free Summer Concerts 2015 Lineup
Friday, May 22 — Jessie J
Friday, May 29 — Ed Sheeran
Friday, June 5 — Florence + the Machine
Friday, June 12 — Jason Derulo
Friday, June 19 — Adam Lambert
Friday, June 26 — Dierks Bentley
Friday, July 3 — Mika
Friday, July 10 – Walk the Moon
Friday, July 17 – To Be Announced
Friday, July 24 — Nicki Minaj
Friday, July 31 — Hozier
Friday, Aug. 7 — Luke Bryan
Friday, Aug. 14 — To Be Announced
Friday, Aug. 21 — 5 Seconds of Summer
Friday, August 28 — To Be Announced
Friday, September 4 — Florida Georgia Line
Location and Directions
Unless otherwise noted, all ABC GMA Free Summer Concerts 2015 will be held at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park.
Rumsey Playfield, Central Park: Viewers interested in joining “GMA” in Central Park are encouraged to arrive at Rumsey Playfield via the 72nd Street entrance on Fifth Avenue at 6 a.m., when the park opens to the public.
Directions: Rumsey Playfield is located right off the 5th Avenue and 69th Street entrance to Central Park in New York City. Enter the park at 69th Street and 5th Avenue on the east side or at 72nd Street and Central Park West on the west side.
How to get there: The closest subway stop is the “B” and “C” train stop at 72nd & Central Park West. You may also take the #1,2 or 3 train to 72nd & Broadway, the #6 train to 68th & Lexington Ave or N, R, W trains to 5th Avenue- 59th St.