Museum Mile Festival 2014 New York
One day a year, for the past 34 years, nine of the country’s finest museums, all ones that call Fifth Avenue home, collectively open their doors from 6pm – 9 PM for FREE to New Yorkers and visitors for a mile-long block party and visual art celebration.
This traffic-free, music- and art-filled celebration fills the street and sidewalks of Fifth Avenue from 82nd to 105th street, the mile now officially designated as Museum Mile. Over 50,000 visitors attend the festival annually.
When is Museum Mile Festival 2014
The Museum Mile Festival takes place June 10th, 2014 from 6 to 9 PM.
The Opening Ceremony will be held at Museum of the City of New York on 103rd street at 5:45 PM.
Museums that Participate in the Museum Mile Festival
The following museums will take part in the Museum Mile Festival and grant free admission to visitors from 6 – 9 PM, June 10, 2014.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (at 82nd St and 5th Ave)
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum (at 88th St and 5th Ave)
- Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum (at 91st St and 5th Ave)
- Neue Galerie New York (at 86th St and 5th Ave)
- National Academy Museum and School (between 89th and 90th St on 5th ave)
- The Jewish Museum (between 92nd and 93rd St on 5th ave)
- Museum of the City of New York (at 104th St and 5th Ave)
- The Africa Center (at 110th St and 5th Ave)
- El Museo Del Barrio (at 104th St and 5th Ave)