US Open Tennis in New York City
US Open Tennis 2011
US Open Tennis 2011 in NYC, New York, USA
US Open Tennis 2011
US Open Tennis 2011 in New York
29 August – 11 September 2011
The 2011 US Open will be held from 29 August to 11 September 2011, at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center at Flushing Meadows, New York City.
Latest news from the US Open
Last year’s Women’s Singles Champion, Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from the US Open this year due to injury. On the men’s side, all eyes are on Novak Djokovic, who has had an incredible year and comes to the US Open as World #1, finally beating Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal to the coveted spot. Will 2011 be the year that the young Serb wins his first US Open?
The Arthur Ashe kid’s day which is usually held on the Saturday before the start of the Open had to be cancelled due to Hurricane Irene which stormed through New York during the weekend. However, the US Open grounds and the stadiums did not sustain any major damage, and the US Open Tennis Championship will begin on Aug 29th, as scheduled.
The following items are prohibited and MAY NOT be brought onto the premises:
- sealed packages of any kind;
- ALL knapsacks/ALL backpacks ;
- hard coolers or like containers;
- glass bottles or cans;
- aerosol cans or noisemaking devices;
- alcoholic beverages;
- commercial video cameras or recording devices;
- computers or laptops;
- food (except in limited quantities, or for medical, dietary or infant purposes);
- weapons (regardless of permit);
- pets (unless a service animal);
- flags, banners or signs;
- laser pointing devices;
- tennis racquets;
- bicycles; scooters of any type; in-line skates; roller skates; skateboards;
- and any other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the USTA and/or US Open personnel, in its sole discretion.
Take the IRT #7 Flushing subway from either Times Square or Grand Central to the Shea Stadium / Willets Point Station. The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center is about a three-minute walk down the ramp from the station.
Take the “E” or “F” trains to Roosevelt Avenue and transfer upstairs to the IRT #7 train (Flushing bound) subway to the Shea Stadium / Willets Point Station. The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center is about a three-minute walk down the ramp from the station.
The Long Island Railroad Port Washington branch departs from Penn Station to the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center (Shea Stadium / Willets Point Station).