US Open Tennis in New York City
US Open Tennis 2012
US Open Tennis 2012 in NYC, New York, USA
US Open Tennis 2012
US Open Tennis 2012 in New York
27 August – 9 September 2012
The 2012 US Open will be held from 27 August to 9 September 2012, at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center at Flushing Meadows, New York City.
Latest news from the US Open
World No. 1 Roger Federer and defending US Open men’s singles champion Novak Djokovic are among the stacked field entering the 2012 US Open in New York City. On the women’s side, three-time US Open women’s singles winner Serena Williams and defending Open champion Samantha Stosur are among the field gunning for a Grand Slam title in Queens in 2012.
Music sensations The Wanted, Carly Rae Jepsen and Jordin Sparks as well as tennis stars including Novak Djokovic, will be at Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day on August 25.
The following items are prohibited and MAY NOT be brought onto the premises:
- sealed packages of any kind;
- ALL knapsacks/ALL backpacks ;
- hard coolers or like containers;
- glass bottles or cans;
- aerosol cans or noisemaking devices;
- alcoholic beverages;
- commercial video cameras or recording devices;
- computers or laptops;
- food (except in limited quantities, or for medical, dietary or infant purposes);
- weapons (regardless of permit);
- pets (unless a service animal);
- flags, banners or signs;
- laser pointing devices;
- tennis racquets;
- bicycles; scooters of any type; in-line skates; roller skates; skateboards;
- and any other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the USTA and/or US Open personnel, in its sole discretion.
Take the IRT #7 Flushing subway from either Times Square or Grand Central to the Shea Stadium / Willets Point Station. The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center is about a three-minute walk down the ramp from the station.
Take the “E” or “F” trains to Roosevelt Avenue and transfer upstairs to the IRT #7 train (Flushing bound) subway to the Shea Stadium / Willets Point Station. The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center is about a three-minute walk down the ramp from the station.
The Long Island Railroad Port Washington branch departs from Penn Station to the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center (Shea Stadium / Willets Point Station).